Wednesday 26 August 2009

R.I.P Reebok Pump!!



Who remembers Reebok Pump trainers? I got my first pair in junior school courtesy of Uncle David. He was my saviour, as if my Nan had her way I would have worn no name trainers till the cows came home.
I thought I was the ish back in school with my banana clip trying to hold together the unruly afro hair with the pepper grains exposed at my neck back lol. For some reason my school uniform was brown and yellow- WHY?!?! So the trainers were my only redemption and I wore them until the pump couldn't pump anymore and the heel was well and truly slanted. I would pump them at every opportunity I could just to show off - kids eh?

So in ode of my school trainers Reebok pump I salute you R.I.P!

P.S I know fashion likes to be revived but these trainers should/can not make a comeback!

1 comment:

queenofsheba said...

i had a purple pair, loved em them pump was too addictive...it wouldn't surprise me if these did make a comeback the high-top ones did with the 80's revival so i'm sure in due course these will to!

Related Posts with Thumbnails