Sunday 28 February 2010

Week 20 Of My Journey Getting To New York.

This week I've continued to e-mail radio stations and TV companies with regards to doing some work experience. We are in March and I still haven't confirmed a placement, so it seems I need to up the ante.


I haven't put any money aside this month, it's there unspent just not int he bank as yet. The grave yard shifts I’ve been working the past few weekends are solely for New York. The moneys coming I just haven't handed in the invoices. Once I get paid I'll put it straight into my account and that'll be February's savings. Sod’s law that whilst I’m trying to be frugal with my money, things around my flat are breaking. My wardrobe is on its last legs and is leaning like the tower of Pisa that’ll set me back at least £150. My laptop is beginning to make some strange groaning noises which I’ve translated into ‘Karen please I’m dying here, I don’t know how much longer I can last, please just let me go’ lol lol.

All jokes aside this week has again been insightful as I'm beginning to get to grips with my finances and am currently reading a few books that are educating me with my money. Obviously I need to apply these principals as reading alone is not going to get me anywhere.

Checklist for this month is to
  • Renew my pasport
  • Put February's wages into savings account
  • Broaden my search for work placements.
  • Save as much as I can
  • Secure another University guest talk
  • Complete my Showreel

1 comment:

fashionbytes said...

LOL your poor wardrobe...babe if push comes to shove get rid of it and buy a few rails, save your money and get a proper wardrobe on your return.

Have you done a disk clean-up on your laptop? Deleted files you don't use? There are a few things you can do to make some space so it will run a bit faster...again no point wasting money now that you can put towards NYC.

I really enjoy these updates and am very proud of your dedication and determination...everything will go to plan because you are so focused!

Related Posts with Thumbnails