Tuesday 27 January 2009

Who remember's Eternal?

I used to loooooove Eternal! They were my group way back in the day, considering there weren’t any other British R N B girl groups at the time. I think this band which consisted of 4 females. Esther and Vernie Bennett (sisters), Kellie Bryan and Louise Redknapp did considerably well. They produced (not literally) 5 albums and did relatively well both here in the UK and stateside (top 20 hit in the US) before departing their own separate ways. Their first single "Stay" was well produced, catchy, and represented real R N B music. Oh how music has changed...

Plus the fact that I convinced myself I wanted to be part of a girl band. I recall me and a friend (she knows who she is) auditioning in the back garden in front of my Uncle. I couldn’t even sing a verse amongst the nerves, and giggles we weren’t ready.

I would record their music videos; learn every verse to their songs. As I had their first album “Always and forever” on cassette- taking it way back! The album was consistent and they always produced good videos. I would even master their dance routines down to a tee. I could probably recall them now if pushed too. I loved their sense of style with their baggy pin rolled jeans, lumberjack jackets and wooden heeled boots. Oh I so wanted to be member!

Check out their first video below.

1 comment:

Matilda Egere-Cooper said...

Your friend was BRAVE BWOY lol (or peer-pressured....hmmmmm)

Related Posts with Thumbnails