Tuesday 3 March 2009

Eddies new role.



So it seems Mr Murphy is set to play the role of his idol the late Richard Pryor in a new biopic- Richard Pryor: Is it something I said. These biopics are really been churned out fast, Cadillac records (Etta James), Notorious and Aaliyah (still in the making). The man behind the writing is Bill Condon the same guy who directed Murphy in Dream Girls and you’ve got to give it to him Eddie was funny! The character of James Early suited him down to a tee. These are the kind of roles the Murph man should be aiming for. Though I did watch Meet Dave recently and found it extremely funny due to the silliness of the film but I often find it’s the stupid things that make me laugh oh well. It will be interesting to see how Murphy tackles the issues of alcohol and drug addiction, broken marriages and illness but I don’t doubt that he will pull it off. This should be a good film to watch and may put Eddie back into the lime light for the right reasons. My top five Eddie Murphy films are: Delirious, Coming to America, The Golden Child, Boomerang and Raw.

A clip of Eddie in his hey day below....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails