Wednesday 13 May 2009

Drama Week 2...



It’s now week 2 of my Drama & Vocal Training course. It seems that each week our tutor is going to try and push us well outside of our comfort zone. This can only be a good thing I suppose. We did the normal warm up exercises which included breathing and a human machine. This is when each person has to uses a word to describe how their feeling along with an action and we are all shouting around the room like mad people!

We then had to act out a role play in pairs; however we could only use the five vowels A-E-I-O-U. The scene was of two dog owners in a park, one is an active poop scooper and the other is not. Can you imagine trying to have a conversation with only five letters? It was fun and it really pushed us to use our body language, concentrate on the tones of our voices and facial expressions. We did a bit of poetry and plenty of role play sketches which I must admit I am thoroughly enjoying.

I think the main thing I got out of Mondays class was the importance of your tone when speaking to large crowds and how to deal with mind blanks. Next week is singing oh geez!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails