Saturday 9 May 2009

I STILL LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!!!!!!



I’m in an introspective mood today and stumbled across this video. No it isn’t new but seeing as I don’t have access to cable TV I have never seen it before. The track is called “I’m Cheatin” and is taken off the “Sketches of a Man” album by Dwele. This album really did get slept on and I don’t know why because it's excellent! I so love this song not necessarily for the message, although it is quite creative. As this isn’t a classic case of infidelity- just listen to the lyrics. You’ll get it by the end of the video depending how perceptive you are.

No it’s more about the production, the track is TIGHT!!!! I love the calming feel to it, the chords from the guitar, the piano keys; I swear I can hear a trumpet/flute horn in their some where and the soft beat of the drums. Look at me getting all creative lol. Plus it reminds me of many a sunny day strolling around the streets of NYC (sniff). I think I need to go and see Dwele live the next time he comes to London.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails