Saturday 26 September 2009

Saturday Throwback!



You know how it is when you start to blow the dust off your CD's and reminisce on certain tracks; I had to get the cassette out for this one! This song reminds me of summer days, my youth and my first crush. I so heart this Zhane track which came out in 1997.

I remember it so well, these were the days when I was still trying to convince myself that I wanted to be in a girl group. My friend and I would sing this song con-stant-ly (in Eddie Murphy's voice). We would go to a make- shift studio and rehearse “Crush”. There was one occasion when it was our time to sing and I became all shy and dropped the line "I don't think my mic is working"! I got the side-eye from every one in that room along with the response "yes the mic is working, don't try it" shame!

This track is great! I love the lyrics, the harmonies, and the whole ambience. My only peeve is that it’s too short; it's a timeless classic regardless. What ever happened to Zhane?!?! What ever happened to music???

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails