Friday 18 September 2009

The Worlds Strictest Parents!



This programme lived up to its title. Each week focuses on a pair of spoilt unruly teenagers whose parents have had enough of their lip service and bad attitude and send them off to get some manners. Tuesday’s episode saw teen's Charlotte and Sam sent off to Jamaica (don’t ramp). Now obviously these kids thought it would be all fun and games and thought the Caribbean was going to be like the Sandals advert that we see on the TV – err no!!!!!!!!

They went to live with a Christian family and experienced the school system for a week and soon learnt that they get away with murder here in the UK. The school teachers and guardians weren’t tolerating any foolishness and disciplined them well. They didn’t even need to raise their voice. The school practiced safe sex which meant NO sex in their eyes. You know how promiscuous kids are generally today. It really got me thinking about the society we live in and how things have changed since my childhood.


My school era didn’t include boyfriends and when I did have a sneaky one oh how things were different. None of this giving out my phone number as I didn’t have a mobile and giving out the house number was not an option -you mad! He wasn’t even allowed in the house and would talk to me on the doorstep standard! Even then my mom didn't know who he really was. I didn't appreciate the strict regime then but I sure do now. These kids have it way too easy!!!

Next weeks teens are going to Ghana….ooooh there going to give it to dem! Catch it next Tuesday on BBC One from 22:35 onwards.

2 comments:

*LilBiuty* said...

I absolutely loooove this programme!!
I believe they are re-showing episodes as I have already seen all of them. Being african I know the meanong of the word respect, my parents weren't too strict but I knew the boundaries. I never even swear in the presence of my brothers and sisters that's how far it goes lol. But i'm grateful of that education I have because around me so much people confuse having an opinion and expressing it with being rude and disrespectful!!

Fab Black Woman said...

I too have seen this programme, its good, but being black its something I've already known. My mum never allowed me to "play out" all hours of the night!
Makes ure you watch next week's one in Ghana, its really good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails