Sunday 24 January 2010

Week 15 Of My Journey Geting To New York.

This week I signed all tenancy agreements and now I just have to pay off the rent whoody whooo! Now that accommodation is finalised, I really need to get a job placement secured. I think this will be the most challenging aspect of this trip.

I managed to put some more money into my NYC savings this week which is always good thing. I’m hoping that I can save at least £400 a month it’s a bit of feat as my earnings have gone down but hopefully I’ll find another source of income.

Thankfully the weekend shifts I’ve been doing since September, that I was quick to turn my nose up too have been extended till March. These shifts have really been a God send and enabled me to pay off my debts and put some money aside.

I’ve been in a thoughtful mood this week with regards to what I want to achieve from my 5 weeks in New York. At first it was to get to a job offer and then I’d move to America and live happily ever after (Is there such thing?). Upon reflection what I’d really like from this trip is for my work ethic to be like none other. I’m tired of just doing enough to coast by, I know my potential and I need to start showing it! I want more confidence to grow even more! I want to come out of my comfort zone, scary but in the end life changing. I want to leave a lasting impression with every single company I work for. This is something I didn’t do in 2008. Most importantly I don’t want to come back with regrets, wishing I’d done this and that. I need to give New York a good run and really got for it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails