Tuesday 19 May 2009

Drama week 3


This week had to be my most uncomfortable Drama class to date. Why because we all had to sing solo. I don’t mind signing once in my own element but when put on the spot in front of a group of strangers, it’s a whole different ball game. We started off with a rap and then we all had to sing a verse of “With a little help from my friends” by The Beatles. Cringe I did not love it at all but I got on with it.

We learnt about vocal skills and the way in which people speak. The pitch, the pace, the tone, and pauses will make all the difference. Yes things we all already know but don’t seem to pay much attention too. Attitude was the main focus of yesterday’s class, and the word for the evening was P.M.A (positive mental attitude). We all know this can make or break any situation in your life but again don’t tend to follow it!

We looked at the strengths and weaknesses of our voices and realised that we all found it easy to highlight the negatives but struggled with the positives. Why do we do that? My weakness is that I talk really fast when nervous or over excited so my tutor told me plain and simple “Karen just breathe”. If I find myself getting tongue tied just take a deep breath and start again. We also learnt the value of individuality and to just be ourselves. People will either like you or not and if they don’t that’s their problem. My tutor is a feisty little mama but she is so cool! Yesterday’s class was nerve racking but I learnt a lot yesterday, roll on week 4.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails