Tuesday 16 June 2009

Drama Week 6


6 down 4 to go! I have to admit their have been times where I’ve wondered if these drama classes are benefiting me, and yesterday’s class confirmed that they are! I have seen a difference in my confidence levels both in and out of classes. In particular within my Entertainment slot that I do fortnightly on the radio. The self-consciousness is slowly beginning to disappear; it’s funny how we are so critical of ourselves. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy!

Yesterday’s class was really fun! We started off with our usual warm up/ shouting exercises. Then we moved on to a quick game, there were 5 props on the floor e.g. a string of pearls, a flower, a box etc. We then had to improvise with the use of all 5 props; it was fun to see how creative and spontaneous each member of the class could be. It was then down to business as we had to prepare for our monologues slam in two weeks time. This involves us having to recite a story, piece, poem to a group of about 100 people. I have decided to do a piece by Mayou Angelou titled “Phenomenal Women” but I’ve tweaked it a bit and really made it my own. I can honestly say I’m not nervous about it, although this may change once I take to the stage. Although I usually just psyche myself up and pretend that I’m with a group of friends. It feels like I step out of myself once I’m in performance mode….watch out MTV-NY Imma coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Matilda Egere-Cooper said...

Heavy :-) You're doing well girl!

K-HART said...

oh bless ya cotton socks milly tilly- thanks! x

Roc said...

Sounds like loadsa fun to me..
So MTV it is then huh?

Related Posts with Thumbnails