Thursday 18 June 2009

The Wire


I have finally finished watching all 5 seasons of The Wire and I can honestly say it is the best TV show I have seen to date. I know it sounds a little cliché but honestly no show has gripped me like this. I love “Desperate Housewives” and “Heroes” but neither of their storylines are as compelling and hard hitting as “The Wire”. The cast are the ones that really make the show they are so convincing and bring a sense of realism to every storyline from Marlow Stanfield, Snoop, Omar and Stringer Bell… oh I miss it already! The final season focuses on journalism and ties up all the loose ends of the last 4 seasons. What am I going to watch on TV now?!?! Hats off to the creator David Simon he did a brilliant job, so much so I have gone on and brought his book “Homicide- a year of killing on the streets”. If you haven't watched The Wire what are you waiting for?!?!?

1 comment:

Roc said...

Never seen 'The Wire'..
I might just go out to buy the box set based off this review..

Related Posts with Thumbnails