Wednesday 24 June 2009

Festival Fever


Can you find me amongst the crowd…I’m in the second row with my hand in the air skinning teet! JOKE!!! Not really, I know I play too much! However this is how I will be next Saturday as I’m attending the Montreux Jazz Festival-YEAH BABY!!!!!!

I’ve become a real festival junkie I know I’m a bit late but I’m jumping right on that bandwagon. Why go to a concert when you can go to a festival and get a handful of acts on the same stage. Dance around and laze in the sun if the weather’s nice and providing it’s an outdoor event (that’s my only gripe about Montreux), meet new people as you’ll be there for a few days and drink, drink, drink some more if that’s your kind of thing the list is endless. Hence the reason I’m jetting off to Switzerland next weekend with my home girl. The line up for this year is SICK and its hip-hop all the way for me. I’ll be jigging along to Mos Def (that reminds me I need to listen to his new album ASAP), Black Milk and Little Brothers. It was pretty hard deciding which week to go as Black Eyed Peas, N.E.R.D, Lilly Allen, Q-Tip and Raphael Sadiq are a handful of the acts to grace the stage during the 2 week festival.

I think it’s because this is my first festival and that it’s out of London which makes it all the more appealing. To see everyone jumping in the air with their plastic cups, swaying/rhyming/dancing to the beats and to just feel the vibe within the arena. I better be careful I don’t forget myself and act a fool out there, as I know I’m going to be extremely hyper and will probably mirror the behaviour of the people around me. The only difference being that I won’t be intoxicated like some.

My only hitch now is what to wear? I want to look cool but not overdressed and comfortable enough to tap my toes but still girly…. decisions, decisions!

3 comments:

Roc said...

Sounds like you'll be having loads of fun..

As soon as you can figure out the hard part of what to wear.. :)

Unknown said...

Go Trini!

K-HART said...

any tips for me my fashion frenzy?!? (",)

Related Posts with Thumbnails