Tuesday 23 June 2009

The Taking of Pelham 123


I've just got back from “The Taking of Pelham 123” screening and I have to say it was good! I’m intrigued to see how the original panned out as this is a re-make of the classic 1974 thriller.

Synopsis in a nutshell:- Denzel Washington plays the character of a transit cop who goes up against a group of hijackers lead by John Travolta who take's over a subway train in exchange for a ransom of course. This film is very gory and left me a little uneasy at times, so much so I was covering my ears and eyes to avoid witnessing any more bloodshed.

John Travolta put in a good performance (although not as good as in previous roles such as “Face Off” and “Swordfish”) and played the role of an audacious hijacker well. Denzel was Denzel and played the role of good guy transit cop down to a tee. The typical roles that we are used to seeing Mr Washington play. Despite this film getting mixed reviews I enjoyed it and I give it a 5 ½ /10.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've seen the remake and the original and must say it's a good remake as they go, don't normally like copy's but this is v/good, if you enjoyed the original you also love this, or just love this without watching the other.

Related Posts with Thumbnails