Tuesday 7 July 2009

Drama Week 9


Only one more week of drama to go boo hoo!! Yesterdays class was quite clam after the adrenaline rush of last weeks Monologue Slam. I must confess I wasn’t really in the mood to get into role plays and act until my hearts content as I hadn’t quite settled back from Switzerland (I’m going to upload my Montreux Jazz Festival blog later). I was a bit sullen and withdrawn for the first ten minutes (childish behaviour I know) however this soon changed once we did our usual warm up exercises.

Once again we played with props which included wigs in various different sizes and colours, clothing, a tennis racquet and a whole array of other bits and bobs. We then went had to go around the room to act out an improvisation. It’s so funny to see how creative people can be when put on the spot. Next up was monologues, we had to recite a piece selected by our tutor Hawa (I so love her-she is too cool for school). Lastly we all gave feed back for what we wanted to be included in our final week. I can’t believe my ten weeks is up already, it has gone so quickly.

The feed back I received from last week slam was that I came across confident, commanded the stage and projected my voice well. However the judges felt that the piece I picked was too easy and that I should have chosen something more challenging. A piece that would have stretched me a bit more; I have to say I agree with them!

1 comment:

Ondo Lady said...

Good to see that you are making progress with your drama workshops. Would you mind dropping your email address as I would like to invite you to an event that I am helping to organise.

Related Posts with Thumbnails