Thursday 5 November 2009

The Effect Of Words!

I'm trying to get too a place where negative words/actions don’t affect me too much I can be a tad sensitive (bring out the violins) so it's easier said than done. I’ve heard the saying too many times that you need to have a thick skin, particularly whilst working in the media. I just can’t stand it when people are rude it's so unnecessary but I’m learning that it’s just a part of life and I’m going to have to deal with it.

I’m all too aware that everyone has insecurities and that people are at different places in their life. Some people are going through things that we wouldn’t dare think about and choose to express their frustrations in the wrong way and some people are just straight up rude lol. I have to tell my self it’s their problem not mine (as my friend keeps reminding me) and to continue with the P.M.A (positive mental attitude). All that aside I’m only human and I do have feelings. I think people underestimate the effect of words, look what Michael Jackson's father's words did too him.

I confess in the past I've been a little hasty in the way I speak to people without considering how it might affect their feelings. I’m not too proud to say sorry though and try to think more before I speak. It’s not always what you say but how you say it! Maybe I dwell on how it makes me feel too much. I’m not at the place yet where words bounce off me like a bullet proof vest but I will get there!

4 comments:

K said...

Positive Mental Atti!!!!! ALL THE WAY!!!! I need to remember that myself

fashionbytes said...

You have never struck me as being the sensitive type because your always so positive, bubbly and optimistic. I agree that its hard to not take unkind words personally but as you say you really don't know what that other person is going through...do you, but don't feel scared to pull that person to one side and tell them how they made you feel...especially as they may be totally unaware!

Matilda Egere-Cooper said...

Miss KH is a rose...unfortunately, there's people in this world that have never received flowers so they don't quite know how to treat them. But sometime's people have to recognise a rose got thorn's too (ooooookay?), they keep playing, they're gonna get STUNG (in love though - l.o.v.e!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

It's too much money to take the train - notice the correct usage of the to and too?

Related Posts with Thumbnails