Thursday 19 November 2009

Rated R

This album is actually not too bad! I wouldn't consider myself a Rihanna stan of her music but her fashion game and hair yes!!! After watching Rhi Rhi at the Brixton Academy on Monday evening I decided to see what her latest album had to offer. Miss Robyn Fenty has definitely grown up and taken more of a rebellion, I don't give a bleep approach. This is evident in her song lyrics and choice of promotional pictures.

I'd say her material is a lot more edgy and darker than her previous outing. I can't call if this is a repercussion from the incident earlier this year or if she just wanted to take a different angle. The Rihanna who sang Take A Bow is now shouting expletives left right and centre and opting to do duets with guitarist Slash. Nevertheless true Rihanna stans will be very happy and I personally think this is better than Good Girl Gone Bad. Stand out tracks for me are Hard (needs to the next single), Russian Roulette, Stupid In Love, Fire Bomb, Rude Boy and Cold Case Love.

3 comments:

fashionbytes said...

The album is definately a grower and you can tell that ri-ri has left that innocent island girl behind.

I personally like Rude Boy, Hard, Wait is Ova, Russian Roulette, Photographs and G4L (she goes IN on that one...woo!). Cold Case Love has promise but it sounds too much like a Justin track, poor production imo

the twenty said...

i love rude boy, photographs(listenin to it right now) G4L ans the wait is ova...her singin is soo much better

the twenty said...

and Te Amo

Related Posts with Thumbnails