Sunday 6 December 2009

Week 8 Of My Journey Getting To New York.

This week I have focused my attention to job hunting. I have hollered at a few media companies in relation to doing some online news, researching, TV bits and bobs. Unfortunately they don’t have anything going at the moment or they have shut up shop. I even hollered at some folks in my home town of Birmingham but to no avail. I’m trying to find ways of making some serious money. Whilst I don’t mind working in retail, I know there are other jobs I could do that would bring in a larger amount of money in the same amount of time. I’m a bit stuck at the moment; I’m going to have to pray for some guidance and inspiration. There are always ways to make money you just have to be creative and think outside the box. I don’t mind working hard but I just need to do something new hmmm.

I’ve been doing some thinking and have decided to cut down my trip from 3 months to 6 weeks. Why?!?!? Well to find a job that pays me in NYC is going to be a challenge but not impossible, this way I can afford to do some work for free. I can easily make contacts and sell myself in 6 weeks I don’t need 3 months to do that. 6 weeks will give me more of an incentive to live each day to the maximum and not procrastinate. I know how I function the longer I have to do things the more I dilly dally. I think I only wanted to stay for 3 months so that I could be there as long as possible as I dread the coming home feeling (I remember how I felt last year). Plus I really don’t want to rent out my flat for 3 months it’s too much hassle (interview process/vetting some one) and most tenants rent for a minimum of 6 months. This way I can afford to pay 6 weeks rent without breaking the bank and I won’t mind my flat being empty for that space of time. This also means I have less money to save and overall it should work out better. I did 5 weeks last year and I didn’t take advantage of the time so anything over 6 weeks will be fine but nothing less.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails