Sunday 21 March 2010

Week 23 Of My Journey Getting To New York.

Another week has flown past and what have I done? I've finally sent my passport off for renewal, what a palaver. At least that's out the way and I should get it back within the next month or so.

I also started my show reel which I will complete this week. My aim is to hand this out whilst in New York. You just never know what doors it will open for me, even if it's ten years from now. It will consist of packages, adverts, voice overs and snippets of  entertainment slots I've done. This will all have to be condensed down to no more than 3 minutes.

It was really interesting to hear myself back and to critique my performances. I usually hate hearing the sound of my voice but it was necessary if I want to get better. I have learnt so much since doing my Drama and Vocal Training Course and as a friend of mine said you only get better with practice. I'm looking forward to my next stint of Entertainment News (I'll fill you in with that later).

This week I will continue to call/e-mail companies and think of ways to earn some extra income.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Week 23! Keep up the good work Karen. It'll all fall into place.

Related Posts with Thumbnails