Friday 26 March 2010

Reflection Eternal Welcome Back!



I for one am happy this duo is working together again. I'm not the biggest fan of their work individually but I think their real creativity comes out when they collaborate. I don't own any of Talib Kweli's albums apart from Reflection Eternal. I do however own two of Hi-Teks albums simply because I thought they'd be as good as Reflection Eternal considering he's the producer. They were alright, but then how many artists have more than one really good album these days? 

 I'm not expecting this album to be a continuation of Train of Thought, but my initial thoughts after hearing this track was these guys are trying to bring hip-hop back or at least try and revive it. It sounds real old school and the beats are just.....simple hip-hop.  It’ll be interesting to see what the rest of the album sounds like.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails