Tuesday 16 March 2010

Whatcha Say?!?!


I said I'm not too sure about Jason Derulo. First and foremost I didn't know that my boy used to rock a cornrow?!?!? No comment! Back to present, so I have to give him some props as he dabbles in song writing. Other than that I just don't love this guy. I guess there’s a gap in the market for a young male artist at the moment but still.

Yes his new single 'In my Head' is currently number one here in the UK but that don't mean nardah to me! When he first debuted with 'Whatcha Say' I thought yeah the song's not too bad, I was more disappointed with the video...it was just… dry! Which brings me to his latest video and I just don’t love it. It’s similar to Justin Timberlake’s 'Like I Love You' and it just doesn't seem his style. He comes across contrived and forced to me; the dance routines are just cringe worthy. I just find there’s something not authentic here. I know I may sound harsh but I don't know what it is? I can't quite put my finger on it but he just comes across as cheesy! Yes I may end up eating my words if he becomes the next big thing but I just can't see the vision. Then again who cares what I think as he clearly has a strong fan base accumulating.

1 comment:

Ondo Lady said...

Snap!! He does nothing for me. I thought 'Watcha Say' had an interesting sound but his new song is just pop trash. I saw him perform on Live from Studio Five and he looked awful, like he had just got out of bed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails