Sunday 30 May 2010

Week 33 Of My Journey Getting To New York.

This week was a real eye- opener and a bit of lesson learnt. I was given the opportunity to go and intern at ITN in Washington for 3 months this summer. Whilst I know this is a once in a life time opportunity, I really don't have the money to go. I'm still trying to sort things out for New York and after much deliberation I missed the boat.

The key factor for me was money as I have to pay rent on my flat here as well as accommodation in Washington. This would have probably resulted in me getting a loan/credit card......my worst fear. However my friend informed me that if used wisely it would have been a good investment. I'm not sweating it because if it is God's will then I will get to go and work out there. I'm going to New York for 5 weeks which in itself is a great opportunity and I've made a great contact with the producer from ITN. I'm aiming to go out to Washington for the day and have a meeting with him.

This slight diversion has reminded me that I need to stay focused and sort out this New York trip. It's also enforced that I am more than capable to provide a good service and has given me a confidence boost. I'm really glad for life's lessons as they give you the knowledge, experience and confidence for next time.

1 comment:

Fab Black Woman said...

Never mind Kay, I'm sure you know all about that 20 dollar return bus that goes form Canal Street run by the Chinese men...it will take you to Washington and back for dirrt cheap! God is in control and will make a way !

Related Posts with Thumbnails