Saturday 18 July 2009

REAL TALK!!!!


I'm sure most of you women out there have watched this well known movie but the book takes it to a next level. In this month's Glamour magazine they are giving away a free edition of the book "He's just NOT that into you". Not is the operative word in this sentence. No one is saying the man doesn't like you, he just may not like you enough to promote you into wifey lol.

The book is done in an agony aunt style approach where several women have written a dear Gregg letter and the two authors give their responses/advice. Every woman who reads this book will find a situation/example they have been in and can relate too. I literally flew through this book last night and you don't have to read it cover to cover to get the gist. My thoughts are WHY do we as women settle for FOOLISHNESS?!?! We know what it is but yet we sugar coat it and make excuses for some of these tired brothers....breathe K-Hart!!!!

Believe me I have been through enough r/ships, special friendships to know folly when I hear it. I also have a lot of female friends ranging in different age's who have asked for advice on every situation under the sun- TRUST ME!!!

We seem to live in a society where women don't know/value their self-worth and that is a sad shame. I finally know mine but that came at a price…. entertaining foolish men, standing for BS, settling in unhappy r/ships when I knew it wasn't right, a fear of being alone, feeling that it's okay to have scraps of a man's time because he was "too busy" (is their such a thing)?, thinking it's okay for a man to say he'll call you, yet he never follows through, living with back to back disappointment, being cheated on, disrespect on every level. Phew the list is endless but I wouldn't change any of it as it has helped form me into the person I am today.

Thank the Lord he has given me the confidence to grow as a woman and realise my self- worth. No I’m not a robot and I'm not an expert. I don't expect my next r/ship to be a doddle and for the guy to be perfect but I would like to think I will be wiser and if I smell something dodgy from the get go I will follow my intuition. If you haven't watched the movie go and buy Glamour, the book comes free for pete's sake. Another book you should take a peep at is "Your Knight in Shining Armour" by P.B Wilson.

3 comments:

Matilda Egere-Cooper said...

Good post - you should "Tweet" this

Ondo Lady said...

First of all I will say that I saw the film and I thought it was great. The book is very interesting but gives you some straight up advice on relationships. I agree with everything you say about not putting up with foolishness from men, we are worth better than that.

B-RAE said...

Yes! THis book is Critical. Burns a bit sometimes, but it is good to have this advice.

Related Posts with Thumbnails