Wednesday 13 January 2010

New Nose Ayone???



I know this topic isn't new, but I'm surprised at the amount of celebrities that have had some form of cosmetic surgery. Although some people’s surgery is so subtle you can't quite put your finger on what's changed. I remember when Amerie came back with her video for 1 thing and I thought oooh she looks pretty, the same with Kelly Rowland in the Loose My Breath video (don't get me wrong both of these artists were pretty before). I put it down to blossoming with age like fine wine.

Little did I know that they’d resorted too rhinoplasty (nose jobs). The list is endless for the amount of artists that have had the odd nip and tuck. I'm not going to fill up my page with before and afters pictures but we've all heard names on the rumour mill including Beyonce, Ashley Simpson, Avril Lavinge, Megan Fox Tyra Banks, Aaliyah, Lil Kim, Halle Berry, Toni Braxton, Kim Kardashian and Pepa. At least Michael Jackson admitted to "some" of his surgery. Other celebs will have you think they were born that way. I don't know I guess it takes away some of the realness.

I'm not one to judge, but I think all these women looked pretty enough before undergoing surgery. Each to their own it's your body and if you've got the money then that’s your prerogative. However there are many impressionable young fans who look up to these women and there beauty and probably feel they have to have there nose altered to be deemed beautiful. Surely if asked you should admit to having some work done. I'm not saying shout it from the roof tops but be honest about it. That’s like claiming all the hair on your head is your's whilst you add extensions. I want to feel I can relate to people, flaws and all and not the perfect image that's splattered within society.

Why do so many women choose to have their noses done. Is it because it's a focal part of your face?!?!? Is it because women aspire to have the famous straight nose (what ever that is)?!?!? Or maybe it's because society has made us less attractive unless we lokk a certain way?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a bloody state!

Related Posts with Thumbnails