Sunday 17 January 2010

Week 14 Of My Journey Getting To New York.

This week has been quite productive and it seems that my accommodation is finally sorted (sigh of relief). I can’t take the credit for finding it but I’m happy to say that I’ll be staying in a nice apartment in East Village. I don’t know much about the area but it’s quite central as it's close to Manhattan which is always a bonus and it looks nice and clean.

It will make a refreshing change compared to my visit 2 years ago where I was confined to one room and had to share amenities, etc. It was a great experience and enabled me to meet some great people, but I look forward to cooking my own food, having access to a TV and a little privacy. All together accommodation which includes a deposit, agency fee and cleaner (yes a cleaner) is around the £1,200 mark which isn’t too bad! Of course cheaper would have been more ideal but I’d rather have comfort over anything else.

I’ll pay my deposit of £350 by the end of this month and aim to have all my accommodation paid off by the end of March. The duration of my stay has gone down from 3 months to 5 weeks as funds will not permit. I think I was being a bit ambitious with regards saving ample amount of money for the time scale needed.

All in all I’ll need to save at least £2,500 within the next 6 months…..let the game’s begin. Once my accommodation is paid for, I can concentrate on the flight and spending/survival money. Hence the reason my job searching has gone into full scale and everybone within ears reach knows I’m looking for work. I’ve continued to join acting agencies and got my full length body shot taken this week.

It’s funny how when you really want something and time is ticking, you begin to get yourself into gear. There's still so much to be done but at least I’m beginning to see the progress!

2 comments:

K said...

And more power to you, my dear!!!!

fashionbytes said...

well done sweetie!!! hopefully i will be able to join you for a week or so!

Related Posts with Thumbnails