Friday 5 February 2010

Friday Throwback!



I think this track came out in 1995 when Da Brat was in her element. Where is she now?!?! I guess she's still locked up in jail.....tis a sad shame! I know I wasn't the only girl that rocked her hair like Da Brats, it was her signature look. I had to beg my friend to help assist with the back as there's no way I could do it alone. I thought I looked hot with my hair freshly relaxed, intricately parted into twist and secured with colourful bobbles. This kind of style didn't last long for me, hence why I only rocked it a few times.

I knew this song word for word...."It goes 1 plus 2 plus 3 plus 4, from the bottom to the top, top to bottom I go. So now you know who I am and what I is....." I like the laid back feel of this song and loved the video even more. The cameo appearances were endless from Mary J Blige, T-Boz, MC Lyte, Bill Bellamy, Diddy, The Late B.I.G and Jermaine Dupri.

1 comment:

fashionbytes said...

love this!!! I rocked that style to school as well, I had to take it out after 1 day as my mom did it so tight it was giving me a headache.

I wanted Mary's red puffa jacket so bad...these were the times when J.D was at the top of his game.

Related Posts with Thumbnails