Sunday 7 February 2010

Week 17 Of My Journey Getting To New York.

This month is going to be quite challenging as my outgoings are high. The utility bills are due and I dread to see the price of my gas bill this quarter- eeek. I'm hoping to save £400 this month, which will go towards the rent on the apartment. Anything more is a bonus hmm we’ll see.

This week I focused on which media companies I could work for. Where as before I applied to places that seemed appealing and had the biggest name. There’s nothing wrong with that but I’ve got to be more open minded. There are a lot of Radio/News/TV stations that I didn't know about. Aside from the big companies like MTV, CNN, HOT 9 and ABC, there are some smaller independent companies that I over looked. I've learnt from experience that it's not always about working for the big well known companies. It can sometimes feel like crab in a bucket syndrome. The smaller independent places sometimes give you bigger opportunities and really throw you into the deep end. It can end up being a blessing in disguise!!!

I'm still waiting to hear back after putting out the calls and e-mails out this week. I'm going to continue harassing people until I get my answer YES YOU CAN come and work with us lol.

2 comments:

Matilda Egere-Cooper said...

It's true. It's like Bad Boy Ents...that was NOTHING before it got distribution by a major label. But if it wasn't for that little boutique label, a lot of producers/artists wouldn't have been able to grow, make their mistakes, etc. Even Diddy, himself. Sometimes we have to prove ourselves to be faithful over little and in the little situations...that's how we grow.

Well done hun.

K-HART said...

PREACH- tis true!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails