Wednesday 10 March 2010

I'm Now Reading.....

I think I was being a bit ambitious when I set myself the challenge of reading 25 books this year. It’s not impossible but I simply don't have time to complete such a task. Plus some of the books I've got lined up are thicker than an encyclopaedia and it will take me at least a month to finish them.

I've just completed ‘A Thousand Splendid Suns’ and what a brilliant book it was. It was so emotive and helped me to see what life in Afghanistan is like particularly for women. Most importantly it showed me how real domestic violence is…not good!

I’m now on my third book ‘Beyond Ugly’ the sequel to ‘Ugly’. It’s been on my book shelf for at least a year now and I’ve finally decided to read it. I can’t say ‘Ugly’ was one of my favourite books but I’m going to complete it so that I can go onto my next read ‘The Kite Runner’.

1 comment:

*LilBiuty* said...

Oh there's a sequel?!
I didn't know. Thanks for pointing that out I'll be reading it next week!
And the Kite runner is as heard breaking as a thousand splendid suns I'm sure you'll love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails