Thursday 15 October 2009

Just one of them days!


Today was a typical Thursday or so I thought it would be. I had a day off and I planned to pay my bills, tidy the flat and continue with Phase One of getting to NYC. I woke up just after 9am but felt rather lazy so jumped on the internet for a while, read for a bit and continued to watch This Morning. Time had ebbed away and it was now 12:20pm and I'm still not dressed (no comments please it's my lazy day). Then I get the dreaded phone call from my friend...

Mike -Hey Karen you know your supposed to be at work today?!

Me -Ha ha...yeah very funny Mike!

Mike -No Karen seriously, you’re in today and tomorrow!

Me -Really Mike....are you joking?

Mike -Why would I do that to you? I looked around and noticed no one was in, so I checked the rota and saw your name down.

Me -Are you serious? (Its 12:30pm I'm not even dressed and we go on air in an hour)

Mike -Karen honestly you’re in today. What time can you get here?

Me -Err....I don't think I'll get in for 1:30pm (now I'm beginning to panic).

Mike -Ok I'll print the scripts and I'll let the team know you’re on your way in.

Me -Mike are you joking?!?! (Please Lord let him be joking)

Mike -Karen I'm not joking!

Me -Ok I'm on my way!

Can you believe I'm still waiting for Mike to call me back and say just kidding, unfortunately that call never came through. Now I'm thinking what the bleep, bleep, bleep happened? Why did I think it was my day off and how in Jesus name am I going to get washed, dressed and arrive at work within the hour? Well ladies it can be done. I jumped in the bath, ironed my t-shirt, applied a little make-up, tonged the back of my hair and packed my bag in twenty five minutes. Yes all that in twenty five minutes (mind you my flat looks like a bombs hit it) and I managed to get to work for 1:20pm. Thank God I live quite central as I had ten minutes to spare. By the time I got in someone agreed to cover me as I was all sweaty and flustered after running through the West End like a mad women. I can laugh about it now but I don't plan for this to happen EVER again! I know a few people who claim they work better under pressure. It seems I get ready/dressed better under pressure, then again don't we all?

1 comment:

Matilda Egere-Cooper said...

Woy! That happened to me once when I was at ITN - PANIC! Trust me...

Related Posts with Thumbnails